FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX refuses to honour Oct 97 upgrade promise (Oriental Daily)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:07 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by davidtai
So according to your theory, you're one of the ma fan people who are smart enough to second guess Mr. Chung's decision for not materialising the offer in advance.
Yes, I have successfully managed to adapt to the local HK culture. 5:-: for me!

Originally Posted by davidtai
Btw while I'm not trying to advise how big the favour should be but I really hope you know when CPR should be done during an emergency. It's for saving lives and it's not something like minor medical help.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Are you a doctor? Were you there? What do you define as minor medical help?
Since I actually took the time to read what CX mgmt wrote in the letter: "Both the infants parents and CX are very grateful that you were abailable to treat the conditions of the child and make his flight more pleasant".

I'm certainly no doctor and i wasn't there, but neither weren't you. And you make it seem awfully like you're a gullible person who believes everything a tabloid news publisher writes.
Other than Mrs. Chungs words (which in my rational way of thinking might be exaggerated just to create this drama non-news-worty story), we have the only hard evidence from the letter coming from CX. It doesn't sound that dramatic to me? Making his flight more pleasant doesn't sound like the child was about to die. But what am I to say, now its just speculating...

You certainly took my comment harshly though.

Originally Posted by garykung
The issue is how a reasonable person defines "any favours". To many of us, it may be reasonable to request upgrade for one. But "any favours" could really mean the entire family FWIW.
Exactly, a reasonable person would have felt good for getting this nice letter and maybe would have asked for something simple. It was a gesture of good will and gratitude by the CX mgmt.
But I guess that for some people you actually have to word it out correctly.

Originally Posted by insideman
Another 'non-story' by the ODN whose owner is still upset after an airport check in incident, what, four years ago?

This forum is in serious danger of becoming irrelevant if we try to second guess the motives of a passenger who was offered a 'favour' 20 - yes, TWENTY - years ago, and then chastise an airline as a result.

Move on, nothing to see here ...
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
That's the thing, waiting 20 years to cash it is quite ridiculous, and I honestly think she was expecting too much.....
Originally Posted by leungy18
I understand that there are plenty of good reasons to complain about CX in the past few years -- but this is not it. She simply isn't entitled to those upgrades.
Originally Posted by maortega15
I would have just disregarded the letter tbh. I would have done the CPR out of goodwill. No need for me to feel entitled even if they did promise me an upgrade.
At least some common sense and decency left in these forums ^