FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX refuses to honour Oct 97 upgrade promise (Oriental Daily)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:10 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Would it be possible that the upgrade offer was for any CX flight but since they wanted to maximize that "favor" they waited for a long haul flight to use it instead of using it back in 1997 or 1998 for a regional one?
1) Who would bother with an upgrade for one of those short sectors really
2) Given the circumstances the family might not even travel a lot, and this time they would want the luggage allowance (1st move student)? Dont expect they are all us flyers.
3) What would CX do for those who do CPR these days? To be honest i dont think an upgrade for 2 would be much of an issue as a favor - offering an upgrade for 1 is clearly more insulting than not offering anything at all. Except for business travellers, most people dont fly as singles (students perhaps, but i would think it's a very stingy offer if you're upgrading 1 person instead of a group.
4) Surely the (hypothetical) upgrade would be a 1-class upgrade to J as PE did not exist back then. maybe we can discuss whether she/they should be located in J or PE but with a CPR style favor i think CX has nothing to lose if they simply gave 2 of them in J.
5) I personally think CX has nothing to lose putting them 2 in J, a) I don't see a point to upgrade 1 but not the other since it didn't originate from some random seat failure for 1 person; b) as a life or death issue that the original CX Manager clearly value Mr Chung's help; c) it would be much goodwill to the family as the daughter is only now 12. even if her future business will only be in Y that's quite a few tickets to buy. but dont worry, seems like she wont be flying CX anymore if i were Chung Snr (CX will not be the cheapest nor w best service)