FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX refuses to honour Oct 97 upgrade promise (Oriental Daily)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:33 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mxr
Yes, the letter indicated any favours. Didn't she get an upgrade for herself though?
The issue is how a reasonable person defines "any favours". To many of us, it may be reasonable to request upgrade for one. But "any favours" could really mean the entire family FWIW.

Originally Posted by mxr
In my book thats already worth well more than what the 'favour' should have been. It was a polite offer from CX's side for the great help and the polite answer to that offer would have been 'don't worry, maybe a few asia miles?!' ... but obviously since this is HK after all, you gotta request the moon.

Otherwise, if they offer me 'any favours' next time ill just ask them for a peak mansion with an infinity pool. It was 'any favour' after all, right?
Well, too bad for CX to name "any favour".

As ridiculous as it sounds, it could be a mansion in the Peak (although CX is not really into real estate).

Originally Posted by warakorn
What does availability mean? Availability of physical space, or availability of a certain upgrade fare class?
Per CX's policy for A-card - Availability of physical space, i.e. an actual seat is available at the airport.