FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good experience on VX with AS FF#
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:24 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewcwsj
Just booked my first VX flight PDX-SFO on 4/18. As an MVP all I was given for seat choices was middle rows 20+ rows back....any way to call and get a decent seat?

Update - called Virgin and they had exit row window and aisle available but would only sell them to me. Guess I'll be avoiding VX until this gets fixed.

Update 2 - To add insult to injury I just saw that my class R ticket doesn't earn miles...thank god it is only a 550 mile flight.
Even 75Ks don't get MCS seats without paying so don't feel too bad. I have noticed that there are plenty of selectable windows/aisles for everyone to book for free as long as 1) you book months ahead of time (like I did--October) and 2) you don't mind sitting in the back half of the plane. VX would not be a good choice for last minute travel if you care at all about where you sit or if anything involves calling their call center which is a total disaster to be avoided at all costs. I had a simple schedule change that would have been fixed in 5 minutes or less with AS, but it took multiple Tweets, emails, phone calls, even a complaint to the DOT (first time for me)....I honestly couldn't believe it and unfortunately it sounds like this is not an "isolated" case.