FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ResMed CPAPs VPAPS certified for use on aircraft
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:29 am
CosmosHuman

Originally Posted by backdoc
TATL without CPAP isn't a fun experience, I would try and use your CPAP in C+. I've found that 3M Command hooks work really well if you stick them to the wall or window to act as a hose hanger. If you're interested I can post photographs on my flight home on April 9.

I had arranged with Virgin Atlantic to use my CPAP on VS2 (EWR-LHR) the day before yesterday. I'd forgotten how little space the pods in this configuration of Upper Class have, there is no space, no ledge behind the seat and no flip-down small table with which to set-up my machine so I slept upright and even then woke myself up snoring. I travel long haul internationally quite a bit, and I'm used to getting at least 4 hours of CPAP time.

I know this is basically "rich people's problems", but I'll never fly that 1-2-1 in UC configuration again because, in this respect, it was a waste of money and would have been better served to fly in Premium Economy since I couldn't use my CPAP.

Side Note: I tried using my CPAP on a JFK-LAX in JetBlue Mint last month and the seat was great for sitting but not at all good for sleeping. I may try it again but using a thin blow-up mattress to even out the awkward angles produced by the seat in sleeping position.
I'll try to use the CPAP but I won't have a battery. I'm in the first row of C+, hopefully there will be room.