View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 17, 6:32 pm
canadiancow
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
How early have you seen check marks being added to the list?

Because we are also assuming that there's a possibility that just because there are no checkmarks, that the upgrade hasn't been " approved".

I'm saying this because I remember taking a flight and knowing I was going to get opupped T-23h. I had been wait listed automatically out of nowhere, and I am 100% sure that I am under no one's grace at AC. But I do remember being told that I'd know for sure if I'd be in J once it went to gate control.

I was never called to the podium or anything, and when I got to speak to the agent it took more time than usual, which leads me to believe that despite the fact everything was automated, it still needed intervention.

But where would I show up on that list? First? Somewhere in between due to status? Last because it was an opup?

And even if the list shows that people aren't upgraded, we should probably check to see how inventory moves. So if the flight is J8, and then #8 clears and flight goes J0, it could indicate something.
An opup would not be on the list prior to it being processed. You're never "wait listed" for an opup. There's a list they use for opups, but it's a manual process.

After the opup, I'm not sure if you'd appear on the public list. That's hard to test