Old Apr 1, 17, 6:28 pm
G-CIVC

Programs: CX GO, AA EXP (til 2.2019 thats it), HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, GE
Originally Posted by jmj9905 View Post
Great report. Can't wait for the QR segments as I will be flying iad/cpt in J in sept.
Thanks jmj9905. Apart from DXB-DOH-CAI that I'm writing about now, I ended up flying LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-LAX with QR, all in one go. This gave me some variability in the service levels and enjoyability of QR but I was positively impressed overall. You will like it (and stay tuned for those reviews coming!)

Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
60,000 of flying -wow! Hope it was a wonderful trip - thanks for taking time to post it all - looking forward to the rest
Thanks for your positive encouragement Madone59. It was a trip to remember only somewhat screwed up in the end by...DHS in terms of the laptop ban, SSSS, secondary screening and grilling at CBP upon arrival...but all in all it was fun and awesome

Originally Posted by qsh View Post
Wow. Amazing trip and report!!!
Hope I could afford RTW during spring break too.
Btw, thank you for telling us about the JNB secret. 4k usd from JNB-USA is such a steal! I just have to credit them to AS for the 100% bonus.
Too bad it becomes 15k usd for JNB-YYZ...
Maybe I should follow your JNB runs if I ever get admitted to grad school in the states.
Thanks qsh for your compliments. In fact I wasn't the one that 'discovered' ex-JNB with CX on the CX forum. Guess it still exists because the currency appreciated a lot, and it was too far for most of us to take advantage of. In fact it started with YYZ/YVR having even cheaper fares than US, but guess they already took that away. You can look into PEY too if just for miles.