FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:46 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
A few years ago I was going through a very tough time personally. I was flying LHR-IAD in Club World on BA and had a window seat.

When I boarded an old Scottish lady was in the aisle seat. As soon as I got to the seat I had my rollerbag out on the ottoman and grabbed pyjamas to go and change, plus was getting headphones etc out of my bag. The lady tried to strike up conversation,"you must do this a lot"..."that's quite a routine you have" etc. I just completely ignored her because I didn't want to be engrossed in conversation for the flight. I put the privacy screen up as soon as I sat down. Once in the air the crew put it down for service (something they often do but service standards are to serve around the back of the seat) and I was replete with headphones staring out the window. The old lady tapped me on the shoulder because the cabin crew were trying to get my attention. I ignored her again and addressed the crew directly then put the screen back up so the crew started serving around the back.

She probably thought I was a completely @rse because I was on that particular flight.

Last edited by Fraser; Apr 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm Reason: Spelling