FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:37 pm
CO-PLAT

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I used the hotel's car service twice this week for late-night/early morning collection from T3. Definitely worth the 1,000+tax. They are allowed to leave their cars parked (attended) right in front of the terminal door while another guy waits for you inside with a JW sign. The hotel had 9 cars there last night. I got an Audi A6 earlier this week and an E class MBZ last night. My driver last night said they offer a free drop to the metro station. I walked it early in the week.

For comparison, I used UBER X from hotel to airport and it was 112.4.

The metro ticket machine will not accept bills larger than 50 if your fare is less than 50. If fare is 50 or greater, it will take a 100 note. I took the airport line to Delhi station (3 stops) with the intent to connect to the yellow line. Forget it! It would have taken me a half hour in the que to buy the 2nd token. You have to exit, buy another token and re-enter the yellow line. There are day passes & stored value cards, but I could not find anywhere to buy one in the Aerocity station.

Liquor ban in place effective today. They were removing all the liquor from the lounge this morning. Apparently in India, liquor includes fermented alcohol also so no beer or wine available either. How are they going to stop people from consuming the acohol in their mini-bars? This ban is for establishments within 500 meters from highways so it includes every hotel in the Aerocity complex. When they cleaned my room, they also cleaned out the minibar of all alcohol.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Apr 1, 2017 at 3:06 am