FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:30 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gm9928
Am I the only person this $15 credit is not working for?? I've entered my personal AMEX PLAT as a payment option. I initially get a notice in the Uber app that I'm going to be getting my $15 per month (+ extra $20 in December). Then I never see it again.

I've used UberEATS once and taken 2 UBER trips, but no mention of a discount off the price. I've contacted UBER and they keep asking me for a promo code or a screenshot. They don't know their own promos! When I actually get a response from them, it's a "canned" answer that doesn't answer my question or help me at all. I keep reading that I can "toggle" between turning the $15 credit on or off, but I don't see this in the app.

The only complication I can think of is that I have approx $80 in credits from an UBER gift card and that messes up the functionality of the AMEX PLAT credit. Of course, UBER Support is useless for getting a useful answer and AMEX customer service, while they at least try, just gives me a link to contact UBER support. Round and round I go!

Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing a step? Thanks y'all!
If you're in the Uber app, go to the hamburger menu and tap on "Payment" - in there, you should see "Amex Benefits" under your Plat card if it's linked correctly.

Go back out to the main screen and make like you're requesting a ride. Just about the Request button you should have a line that shows your Profile and payment method. Tap on it. I can't remember if it's on the next screen, or if you have to tap again into Payment Options, but there should be a toggle there to turn the use of credits on or off.

IIRC, this was defaulted to ON for my Personal profile, but defaulted to OFF for my Business profile.

Interesting note - I do not see this toggle anymore, I'm guessing because I spent all my credits earlier today.