FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Personal View
Thread: A Personal View
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:28 am
GLAFlyer

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
I rarely comment on these forums and when I do it is more to do with fleet and operational matters out of personal interest. However I do read the threads frequently and try to take an objective view.

However recently some threads and comments on here have disturbed me in terms of their almost vitriolic nature and personal insults. Some posters seem to hate everything about BA yet continue to post here regularly telling everyone how awful it all is. Surely they just need to use other carriers and maybe comment on their forums?

Some comments and interpretation of the facts equal the Daily Mail in accuracy and hyperbole. In some recent posts elements of racism are evident. Is this acceptable in a forum that should exist mainly to help members of the BAEC get the most out of their membership? Has the forum become too much about personal opinion rather than facts?

I realise most of the comments are from people who tend to fly mainly in the premium classes and have certain expectations. Are these really not being met so much of the time? Or are these expectations unrealistic in the 21st Century. Let us be honest if the real value of fares had been maintained in all travel classes air travel would still be a form of transport relatively few people could afford. Is this really what concerns some of these posters? Surely people are not being elitist!

When I fly BA I continue to see full aircraft in most classes, receive similar friendly treatment from crew and yes actually like the greater choice of what I want to eat or drink when flying ET in Europe. Most passengers seem to be ok about what they experience. The airline is profitable too. Am I missing something here?

As I said just a personal view.

Post of the Day (Month)