FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA Benefits -- a net plus or net negative?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:57 am
PiffPaffPuff

Programs: BA GGL, Virgin Gold, Emirates Gold, IHG RA, HH Diamond, Shangri-La Golden Circle etc, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by turner32
It's becoming increasingly difficult since the introduction of the new rules, to achieve a meaningful upgrade. You can certainly see how the hotels benefit.

I'm looking at IC Singapore for December.

Heritage Room
Deluxe Room
Grand Deluxe Room
Premier Room
Heritage Club Room
Club Deluxe Room
Premier Suite
Heritage Suite
Executive Suite

That's the hierarchy of room categories. Need to Book club room in order to get any kind of suite, negating the "complimentary lounge access for RA".
*Newbie Alert*

I'm a reasonably regular visitor to IC Singapore. The increased range of rooms and exclusion of the top suites is a negative for me. Admittedly, i typically book a suite but tended to always be upgraded to the old "Ambassador Suite" or Presidential Suite. Recently, i booked a Heritage Suite without reviewing the Ambassador T&Cs and have been given a one tier upgrade to Exec Suite as Royal Suites are now excluded. To compensate they have given me a one way transfer (big deal).

For some ICs the club lounge i consider access a plus (e.g. Park Lane) on a reward night.

Hopefully they will reduce the excluded suites in a number of hotels. They have already done so at the IC Century City.