FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:16 pm
Brucemcdou

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flagler1
I have a Marriott 7 night stay certificate that I'd like to use, either at the JW Marriott or Courtyard (plus I'll be booking another room -- I'm a marriott gold). Anyone have any advice on either of these?

The JW looks quite nice, and close to the airport for our late night arrival and departure. And I guess the airport express is convenient connection to central delhi for sightseeing if we decide to do that (though not sure how much we'll do considering the heat). but otherwise not as convenient...

Ideally looking to make sure the family can be well taken care of (so my wife doesn't worry too much)

Any advice is appreciated.
Hi Flagler - I cannot speak to the Courtyard, but stayed at the JW a year ago on a short weekend mileage run. I can attest that the JW is spacious and luxurious, and has extensive amenities that may keep your wife and children happy. Rooms are large and comfortable, and service is attentive (see my review up thread). I used the gym/fitness center several times and also got a massage in the spa. Did not use the outdoor pool but saw a number of folks out there.

Lounge is nice with extensive offerings including some made-to-order items at breakfast and in the evening. Did not eat in the restaurant or lounge bar but the menu looked extensive in both and the lounge at least looked busy throughout the day and evening.

I used the Airport express several times into downtown and connecting to the metro. I had set up several private walking tours in advance and was happy with the ease of getting around. The hotel staff seemed amused that I insisted on using the train and tried to convince me to use a car and driver, which would probably be easier for you with children.

Lastly, it is conveniently close to the airport for a late night arrival and departure; I just used a taxi from the airport and had the hotel car take me back.

Hope this helps!