FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - S7 is continuing to slip
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:32 pm
asnovici

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Count me as one of their fans!

To answer a few points:

1)Check in at DME. It is normally fast,but since they only have 3 counters (empty for the majority of time),but they get busy in peak hours. The good news is that S7 will soon acquire A LOT of new counters.They currently operate counters 109-129 and soon will operate counters 97 to 129,so that part of the airport wll be exclusively for S7.

2)Lounge. It does get busy and PP is only accepted in limited hours,but yeah I agree these limitations are not sufficient.

3)They are refurbishing the lounge.Check out the pics from 2 weeks ago. It's not perfect,but much better than the old lounge "between the floors".

4)You can get a coffee for free from the machine.

5)Menus are very inconsistent. Sometimes you get the alcohol menu and food menu,sometimes only one of the two and sometimes none at all.
Rami Tamimi,

Always appreciate your input, you are very helpful with S7 experiences.

Just to clarify on your responses to my comments:

1) There was no line at check in so its not an issue of number of agents. Its a complete disorganization when those visa stickers were only available from one guy who was missing and when he was available he only provided them to Economy agents. It just shows the level of chaos there. Waiting for close to 30 minutes at the Business desk for a passport sticker is truly low grade and the number of desks will not solve lack of responsibility on the part of the airline staff (guy with stickers was S7 employee, not airport)

2) This was around 9:30am so definitely a busy time for S7 departures, they were absolutely accepting PP card holders. No priority for actual Business passengers or OneWorld Emeralds

3) Will see what the refurbished lounge will look like but the current one is a disgrace

4) This maybe the only OneWorld carrier lounge in the world where one must pay for a simple cappuccino. The fact that drip coffee is available has no relation to this, one can get it at Jiffy Lube while getting an oil change

5) Precisely my point. Inconsistency. No menus on MUC or VRN flights. Then where are they available? if they did away with them, fine, but that's another level of slip in service. Same as serving that Russian sparkling wine swill in Business, simply yuck

Last edited by asnovici; Mar 27, 2017 at 1:44 pm