FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comfort Suites Paradise Island (Nassau) - Fees waived on points?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:24 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Neither. It was:
Comfort Hotel RunWay(NO113)
Hans Gaarders veg 27, Gardermoen, NO, 2060
I was not using hotel transport to/from the airport. I had a rental car, and was dropping it off with Avis OSL after checking out of the hotel.

This was in late August 2010, and I can't easily find what exactly I was charged (I don't even remember what card I might I have paid with; it presumably would have been some card with 0% FTF), but I seem to remember it being only around the equivalent of $4 US, which is why I didn't press it further. (They didn't have a card on file since it was a Choice points reservation, so I remember i had to present a card for payment of this "tax" at checkout.)

Keep in mind that while this hotel now appears to charge for parking (per the Choice Privileges website), I don't know if it charged for parking back then, and at any rate this was definitely not a parking charge. They told me it was some kind of "tax", but of course that may have gotten "lost in translation". And it was something I wasn't told about until checkout (which is why I didn't get more info about it because i was in hurry to return my rental car).
I've had instances where Nordic Choice hotel staff have tried to bill me for the room based on the amount reimbursable to the property for the award stay or have tried to collect the VAT on the amount applicable to the reimbursement rate. It's always been a mistake when I've seen this happen.