FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General list of Codes and Promos (Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelZoo, Etc.)
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:37 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Willbur
Hotels.com 11% code: EML11

*This coupon is valid for bookings made by March 31, 2017 by 11:59 PM MT for travel between March 22, 2017 – July 1, 2017. The coupon isn't valid on most major chain hotels and can't be used in conjunction with the Hotels.comŽ Rewards program.
I think this one only works from the link they send you from their email list.

Which raises the question . . .

Like many folks, I have hotels.com gift cards bought at the 20%+ discount (if you don't have these, you may be able to get them at Staples this week -- see frequentmiler and such).

It is possible to combine the 11% code + gift cards. But if I settle for the publicly available 10% codes, can I also get cashback from the cashback websites? Most sites exclude purchases with gift cards, so I assume the answer is "no," but upromise doesn't have these terms. I still don't think it will work, but if anyone wants to try it . . .

EDIT: Be a little careful with the EML11 link. It actually raises the prices slightly from what I see on a kayak search. Great way for them to do business, right?

EDIT 2: And if these guys weren't sketchy enough with their pricing, they also have an EML12 (12% off) link that works from your email even if you were only targeted for EML11. BTW, I then tried higher "EML" percentages, but I don't think they exist. I wasn't able to get 12% off the kayak price, which seemed to be about 1% better than the price that popped up on my email link, but using EML12 from my email was still (marginally) the cheapest.

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 26, 2017 at 3:15 pm