FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:27 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
The bane of redeeming points at fancy urban hotels is often parking. It's an often unpredictable and even time specific problem (like expensive weekday parking can be free weekend parking). And there's often some "trick" to solve the problem (nearby garage, give the car keys to the concierge for a tip, street parking, etc).

Since I'm just spending the night, park and ride wouldn't make sense. Staying somewhere else with cheaper/free parking might. I'm often inclined to just pay the parking fee considering the room will be free, but this charge seems so high that I'm thinking of staying elsewhere (and saving my certificate) unless there's a more affordable way to safely park the car for the night.

EDIT: I looked at a few more Old Town hotels and some threads about overnight parking in the area, and everything seems to be 25 euros and up for 24 hours. I guess I'll either have to pay or decide to stay in the suburbs.
A big benefit of opting for hotel's own carpark (assuming not a discounted rate at nearby paid carpark) is that one cane leave+return multiple times in 24hours under that one fee

Whereas paid nearby parking will be per in+out periods , and one continuous 24hours is often half the cost of splitting the 24hours by exiting and returning twice if you need use the car during the parking period