Old Mar 25, 17, 12:44 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
yes indeed, I even paid 40 Euro per night parking 2 years ago. It is in the city center and I doubt that you can get anything cheaper nearby; probably even more expensive
Had according experience in Geneva, where the 40 CHF per day parking in a Novotel in the city center was actually a bargain as everywhere nearby it was more like 70-80 CHF per day
Try park and ride; did this in Munich (Messe Munich) where I paid only 7 Euro for 3 days and the commuting with the subway was easy
The bane of redeeming points at fancy urban hotels is often parking. It's an often unpredictable and even time specific problem (like expensive weekday parking can be free weekend parking). And there's often some "trick" to solve the problem (nearby garage, give the car keys to the concierge for a tip, street parking, etc).

Since I'm just spending the night, park and ride wouldn't make sense. Staying somewhere else with cheaper/free parking might. I'm often inclined to just pay the parking fee considering the room will be free, but this charge seems so high that I'm thinking of staying elsewhere (and saving my certificate) unless there's a more affordable way to safely park the car for the night.

EDIT: I looked at a few more Old Town hotels and some threads about overnight parking in the area, and everything seems to be 25 euros and up for 24 hours. I guess I'll either have to pay or decide to stay in the suburbs.

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 25, 17 at 9:11 pm Reason: more