FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange pricing to PEK
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2004, 7:40 pm
RobertH

Strange pricing to PEK

I'd like to travel from DTW to PEK and back in July/August. Found out the best fare is in M class. I found M class availability DTW -> NRT -> PEK on the date I wanted to depart - great. However on my return date there is only B and Y class availability from PEK (via NRT) to DTW, MSP, LAX, SFO, or PDX. There IS M class available from PEK to SEA via NRT. There also is M class on a connecting flight from SEA to DTW. So, I try to book PEK -> NRT -> SEA -> DTW in M. Can't do it - nwa.com, expedia, etc and even the elite line all say I must book in B. Interestingly, nwa.com initially does find seats in M class, but when I go to select the itinerary I get always get the message that seats are no longer available. The elite line people say I can't circumvent the lack of M class availability from PEK to DTW by flying via SEA. I did find out that if I do a stopover in SEA I can book in M. (I realize that if I book in B I can use miles to upgrade - but upgrade seats aren't available. Not sure I want to spend the extra $600 on the chance that upgrade seats might become available later.)

Anyone run into this before? Any luck in resolving it?