FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basque Country and Paris
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:49 pm
danielonn

Basque Country and Paris

I have been planning a trip for my Parents and myself and hope my Brother can join us. So far we have booked our airfare. My Mother will stay in Paris for a week and then join us in Bayonne.

I found an AirBnB located 5 minutes from the Old Town for $85 a night+VRBO booking fee. It has 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room along with a balcony on the 5th floor with an elevator and free car parking.

I found a rental car with Sixt for $1,00 dollars for 26 days. And also we will stay in Paris for 3 night 4 days found on Air BnB(2 bedrooms on Rue Vaugard(sp) close to Montparnass.

We will be in Bayonne during their annual festival in July. I booked my airfare on Air France from SFO-CDG and my parents will be flying from SJC-DFW-CDG and I will go with my Father to Orly and we fly on HOP to Biarritz.

The food sounds really good and I know we will have a great time touring Bayonne,Biaritz, St. Jean de Luz, Bilbao(Guggenheim Museum), Bordeaux, Toulouse and La Vigne(where the Airbus 380 is driven through the village at night), Guenrika, Pampalona and other towns. Any good cider houses, local restaurants to try that are not too pricey and are for locals in San Sebastian and Bayonne?

Any tips on our itinerary, I think it should be an interesting and fun summer vacation!!!

I already have Paris laid down with the days of when the museums are closed. Will plan to go to Rue Cler to assemble a picnic and enjoy the Eiffel Tower at night, go up to the Montparnass Tower for the view , see the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay, Bois Boulogne, Jardain Luxembourg and other nice places.

I have never been to the Basque country and my Father has been there years ago.

Thanks again for any tips you can offer.