bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Tiberius123
got jfk-mex-eze second week of october for ~$1700

outbound fare basis is: LRLUPI
return is: QRLUPI

Could anyone help me figure out what fareclass these are? crediting to delta

Many thanks
Usually the first letter of the fare basis is the fare class, but it looks like tin this case these may be "Y-up" type fares -- checking my fare details I see that the fare bases are TRLUPD and TRLUPI, while when I booked on Orbitz it was listed as D and I fare classes. By that analogy it would appear both of your fares are I fares.

I hope these earn miles with Delta based on the marketed D and I fare classes, or I will be quite annoyed. It seems possible they earn on the T fare class for me, and the L and Q fare classes for you, but are treated as upgraded to D/I for travel purposes.

Anyone have any experience with this?

ETA: I asked AM Twitter support (which seems to be very good) what the relevant earning classes were and they said D and I (they even provided me the link to Delta's AM earning chart). ExpertFlyer also lists those fare classes as "booking class" of D and I, while non-UP AM fare bases are the booking class of their first letter as would normally be expected. So, fingers crossed, hopefully the business class fare classes prevail for earning miles on those "UP" fares.

Last edited by bgriff; Mar 24, 2017 at 11:53 am