FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - electronics ban on US/UK bound flights [now lifted]
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:32 am
vg247

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tcm
But wouldn't the same risks be valid for flights departing from other airports as well? Flying from IST to LHR or JFK involves many extra security measures already than flying from say ZRH or MXP.

BTW, I don't think TK handing out tablets/notebooks onboard will be a solution as some in the media here seem to suggest. As you hinted, the only solution that comes to my mind is for TK to take on any special/sensitive equipment (Notebooks/Lenses/Tablets) after gate security (as UK/US/Canada/Israel bound flights have this already), have them sealed and put in a special hold and returned at the destination. At least for J pax. Don't know if this makes any sense. These enhancements will be very damaging to TK and the ME3.
I agree, tcm- your thoughts on this would really help and makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately I'm impacted by the ban as we left the states one day prior to it going into affect.

Still figuring out what's the best way to handle my laptops, and iPads for our way home on TK from Dubai connecting to IST, to the U.S.

Either ship them FedEx etc or have to place them in checked baggage and risk theft/damage along with compromise of sensitive data.... what a nightmare!