FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
HNL-JFK Hindu (HNML) Dinner and Breakfast Snack

Originally Posted by Robbyb03
HNL to MSP. I got the the Mahi Mahi and I have to say it was the worst meal I've had sitting upfront. The wife enjoyed it better than the chicken going to HNL.
Thank you for posting this; I flew JFK-HNL earlier this month and agree the chicken was abysmal. Looking at the menu you posted convinced me that there wasn't anything I was interested in eating so I ordered a Hindu meal. I've had many HNMLs on UA, including from HNL, so I thought I was in safe territory. Sadly, I was wrong.

Salad and Appetizer Course. Plate of arugula, two tomatoes, two green olives, a plate of lentils with cilantro, raw carrots and cucumber, grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper, and sun-dried tomato spread. I dubbed this the "United Nations Course"

Entree - What I thought (and hoped) to be paneer and chickpea masala was instead tofu and shiitake mushrooms in a light oyster sauce with red pepper and chickpeas. I called it "The Hot Mess" - amazing how a dish can offend two distinct cuisines and cultures so artfully.

Dessert - This was from the standard menu; Pineapple ice cream/sherbet, artfully decorated with leftover mai tai garnish (I really hope it was leftover and not recycled).

Breakfast - Cornflakes and a bagel. Traditional, to say the least.
Attached Images     

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 21, 2017 at 6:55 pm