FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:37 pm
joakgarp

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
What about the Sheraton, which is 4.4 km away? I recently completed a stay there. It is a quite good hotel. I was upgraded to a suite with an ocean view. It's across the street from the ocean, walking distance to Kuta's restaurant/shopping/entertainment district. The breakfast was good. The view and breeze from the restaurant/bar they call the lounge is incredible. The sunset view is stunning.

One word of warning, no matter which hotel you choose: Bali taxi drivers are looking to rip you off. From the airport, several wanted 600k IDR (~$45 USD) the the Sheraton and refused to turn on the meter. I even got out of a cab when the driver refused. This ride should cost ~150k IDR (~$11 USD).

Uber works well in the Denpasar/Kuta area of Bali. I was told they technically cannot operate at the airport, but do. I used Uber three more times during my stay without issue. Okay, there was one issue which was totally my fault. I chose the wrong destination which was apparent when the driver brought me to a dark, scary area. We were twenty minutes away from where I really wanted to be. The driver refused to recharge me, although I gave him a huge tip when we got to the right place. Again, this was totally my fault, but the Uber driver wanted to make it right.
I'm having a stay planned at Sheraton in september. By looking at the reviews and pictures at Tripadvisor this hotel looks really good with low bali-rate. Really looking forward to my stay. Any pro tip what to with the taxis in order to get the lowest rate? Just go to each taxi at the airport and ask for either taxi meter will be on or locked decent rate?