FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:13 am
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Willard Washington DC

IC Willard Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?Yes, as always! Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Booked Superior Room at a Govt rate and received King Executive Suite. In the past, I typically received an upgrade to Willard room, but so far this year, I've been getting the Exec Suite.

How are the rooms?Excellent! The suite has 2 bathrooms, 2 minibars, and the living room has a couch, side chairs, plus a dining table for 4. The rooms at this hotel are very traditionally decorated.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge at this hotel

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Fruit (2 apples, 3 tangerines, 3 dates this time - the fruit is different every time I stay here) and water. Usually, I get a bottle of red wine, too so I called the front desk and they had one sent up. I usually don't even drink the wine, but I had a friend with me.

How was the minibar?Great! A little bit of everything including a champagne, Bailey's, red and white wine, 4 beers, scotch, vodka, gin. But they did not have any sparkling water this time in either minibar.

What was good and what was bad?
-GoodMini bar; staff; location; upgrade
-Bad
Nothing!
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? At a government rate, it is a great value
Would you return?Yes! Any time!