FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA: CAI-SEA/KOA/HNL/OGG 2400EUR OW in F (Creative Routing Possible)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:11 am
Keter

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by stephem
i dont have time to price out but there is a corresponding RT fare of that fare basis. Base fare of OW is US$2195 and RT base is US$3376.

BTW, there are NO flight restrictions and unlimted transfers permitted, so all you need to do is stay with MPM. These can be interesting, too bad it is ultimately a J cabin fare and the -up is only for BA metal.
From what i see if i model on ITA its nowhere an UP fare, its a differential pricing:

D JEDHNL M 0.01 NUC 2297.10
This kind of pricing may lead to very interesting results if airline allow it without fully understanding this step. I recently got free J segments on SU (with just higher YQ paid compared to my premium eco fare) - but after this SU prohibited differential pricing for Y and W fares.

The sister AA J fare can also be used for differential pricing but I am not able to to get anything interesting. These construction rules are not even stated in international tariffs/ conditions of carriage. Somewhere else, very deep inside.

This is the reason also why only BA TATL is permitted for the discussed fare. Its a BA fare and TATL must be BA coded flight (the metal may be further restricted by fare rules), otherwise it will not price.