FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Threadneedles, Autograph Collection (London, UK) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:56 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
I'm staying here next week. What's the easiest (emphasis easiest, not cheapest) way to get to and from LHR? Car service is a little excessive at 125 pounds. Any estimate on a taxi fare price?
A standard Uber from Heathrow would likely be £40-50 assuming no surge pricing and is probably the 'easiest' way to get there that isn't excessively expensive. Black cab would probably be somewhere in the region of £80+ (overpriced in my opinion).

I work just down the road from this hotel and usually opt for a Heathrow Express advance ticket and then an Uber from Paddington as this is the quickest way, if you book the HEX in advance it is also cheaper than an Uber all the way there. If you just buy a walk-up ticket for the HEX it probably won't work out much cheaper than just getting an Uber the entire way.

Wheely (more upmarket version of Uber) is also a good option - you can book in advance and get an S-Class (or equivalent) for fixed price of £80 or E-Class (or equivalent) for £60 to EC1.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Mar 15, 2017 at 6:01 am