FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Errors Reticketing into Basic Economy Fare
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:57 pm
PDBDrinker

Programs: AA EXP, National EE, Hilton Diamond
EXP Agent Involuntary Bumped Me From Main Cabin / Economy to Basic Economy

Originally booked DFW-LGA fare code S on 3/14 re-booked to DFW-LGA 3/13, that flight canceled, I called EXP line, got re-booked to an earlier DFW-JFK.

When I got re-booked for the DFW-JFK flight, the agent on the phone said she couldn't assign me a seat or add me to the upgrade list because "the computer was acting weird." Fast forward to the airport a couple hours later, I couldn't select a seat or add myself to the upgrade list via kiosk. Kiosk spits out boarding pass with the booking code "B"...basic economy.

I go to the Admirals Club to try to be put on the upgrade list, but they tell me they can't do it because I'm in B and there is no way to revert me back to my original booking code. They say they've never seen this before and were at a loss. They send me on my way, SOL, nothing they can do because the computer won't let them.

How does this happen? DFW-JFK isn't a B route. My return was changed too, I can't select seats online. I understand mistakes can happen, but how can there not be a way to correct something like this?

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 14, 2017 at 11:37 am Reason: Restore original post title