FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book awards on EY partner airlines
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:59 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
It will be very hard to get anything done now they have made notes in the reservation.

One avenue I've had success in a situation similar (think it may have been AA / Gulf) is contacting AA explaining the situation due to the schedule change, they maybe able to open a seat on the more suitable flight and add flight to the itinerary, once they had done this I had to call the other airline who then had to reissue the ticket.
Interesting approach. When I called the AA elite desk, they said there was nothing they could do. Maybe next time I'll try that approach.

Could AA actually have added that flight to my itinerary? I'd be amazed if Etihad would then know what to do with it!

As it turned out, this stupidity almost cost me dearly. My bad connection left NYC last night -- about the last flight before the snowstorm shut down the airports there. Had I been stranded, I would have cursed Etihad's name for years.

BTW, with the snowstorm, I was going to try to get AA to reaccomodate me directly. Unfortunately, AA was late issuing a travel waiver. I didn't have "real time" access to this information overseas, and once I found out the waiver was issued, all the seats on the flight I needed were sold out.

Just a lesson in the possible pitfalls of partner bookings when there are schedule changes and irregular ops -- and Etihad is going to be about the worst for helping you with this.