FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int'l to Int'l Connections At GRU Without Visa
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:43 pm
Rover75

Programs: UA Gold Premier, AA Life Platinum 3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by boboqui
My daughter is doing the opposite, she's arriving on a Saturday with a carry-on only:
AA 215 arriving 7:55 AM on Terminal 3
G3 1078 departing 10:15 AM on Terminal 2

Will she make it?
I'll give you a limited answer and encourage you to wait for more experienced travelers to chime in. (Warning: This does NOT come from personal experience, but from my recent immersion in reading about GRU transfers.)

If I understand you correctly, your daughter is connecting to a domestic flight, not an international flight. (BTW, from what I have read, I believe you can't connect to any Gol flight-- domestic or international-- if arriving internationally on any other airline without going through immigration first, which obviously means needing to have a visa. Anybody-- If I am wrong about that, please say so!)

So I think the larger question is how long it will take her to get through immigration before she can head over to the Gol terminal to get her onward flight. I have read that you can grab a taxi for the landside transfer so she probably won't have the problem of the very long walk described in my post if she is delayed.

If at all possible, you or she should check with her carriers directly and confirm what the appropriate protocol for transfering is going to be.

Last edited by Rover75; Mar 13, 2017 at 6:14 pm