FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CPH Hilton to Clarion
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:57 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Reply to Intuition and GUWonder -- I tried to do a dummy booking for many dates from mid-April 2017 through mid-April 2018, and the Choice system always gave me "Sold Out."

The staff member who gave me the information about the management change said that probably the executive lounge would close, but she didn't say anything about re-furbishing the hotel or closing it for renovation. They would not have it closed a year, in any case. The rooms I have stayed in (11th and 12th floors) are very nice, and don't need re-furbishing, in my mind.

As for rates: the rack rate right now for HH members is just over 200 USD which, for Denmark, is pretty good, I think. I suppose this will rise with Choice?
If this Choice hotel ends up sticking to the current Nordic Choice brand standards, the hotel is going to need to provide for a rather busy breakfast area of a sort it hasn't had to deal with since Hilton doesn't do what Nordic Choice's Clarion hotel does: Nordic Choice's Clarion hotels all offer included breakfast to all guests regardless of rate plan, elite status, etc.

I don't know if the rates as a Nordic Choice Clarion hotel will rise over the historical Hilton rates for this property. While it may happen, I am not sure it will be immediate.

For what it's worth, most of the times when I've seen reimbursements submitted for this hotel last year, the average amount pre-incidentals was closer to $230 than $200.