FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with ET Ethiopian crediting Star Alliance miles
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:18 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by rava.stuff
I haven't had any issues with ET crediting to A3 M+B programme automatically. The miles appear in around 7 days after the flight. Last ET flights was 3 weeks ago and credited just fine.

However, always make sure to double-check that the FT number is registered on your ticket. I usually insert it at booking but depending on the airport, it happened many times that they issued the boarding card without referencing my M+B number. They had to insert it manually again in the system.
Good point, and something to remember every time you check in with ET. About as often as not, their system drops the Frequent Flyer number whether the ticket is bought from ET directly or a 3rd party site. For whatever reason it has to be manually inserted again. This is not just on your outbound flight, it still happens on inbound as well... so best practice is just to hand them your card each time you check in and ask them to verify that it's there.