FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attempt to force seat change in First
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:54 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by catocony
I thought all of the pmUA 777s have had the crew rest compartment installed upstairs mid-deck? How many are still set up with the cabin crew rest in E+ and the pilots still taking over F seats?
As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but I believe all pmUA 777s, with the exception of the Hawaiian and domestic 777s have pilot bunks right behind the cockpit. This was achieved by removing the port side lav from F--leaving only one lav instead of 2 up front now. This allowed a shift in the reserved seat from a GF seat (was always 2A or 2K) to a lone, single business class seat (6B)--the theory is, the pilots now have a place to sleep (the bunks) and a place to relax upright or eat, if they so choose (the J class seat). For me, when I am stuck on the 3-class 777, I invariably select 6A now--and end up with an empty seat next to me for 1/2 the flight or more--often no one sits in that seat the entire time.

To the OP...Something is fishy here. Not saying it warrants a report, but I give your wife credit for sticking to her guns and not getting bullied out of a seat that was rightfully hers (the BS of the captain is the all-supreme commander and designated "god of the aircraft" notwithstanding). That being said, I'm a fan of most pilots--Denny Flanagan would have never pulled anything like this--that much I know!