FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:48 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I just stayed there - just over a week ago and didn't get such a nice upgrade!
Didn't notice the inclusion of food items in the minibar - maybe I should pay more attention to the welcome letter!
At the IC PL now.

Whilst food items in the minibar have always been free for RA's at the PL in the past they told me when checking in last night that they are now specifically excluded as they moved to the standard rules. Room was a strict 2 cat upgrade (first non suite in years), minbar contents slightly degraded from last stay, given a room with 2 connecting doors and oddly a fully made up collapsible bed which I refused to accept and was moved to a similar room on a lower floor.

Also told no club access for reward stays (this is a paid stay so not a concern) and breakfast can only be taken in the club but they would let me do breakfast in Theo Randall on one day as a special concession.

I haven't stayed here for a few months and am kicking myself for not opting for the IC O2 which was the same rate.

Edited to add gave up in Theo Randall at breakfast this morning trying to get served and returned to a ram packed lounge with not a single table to sit at, waited 10 minutes to be seated and observed several tables for 4 occupied by 1 or 2 and the lower level tables whilst unoccupied were covered in the leftovers of previous guests.

Seriously unimpressed.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Mar 12, 2017 at 4:44 am