FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Canadian Business Platinum Card with Fairmont Platinum status
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:20 am
canesfan

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
The better rate than the Costco rate is the Louise Card rate...
Yes, I believe by $10 or so, but you do have to commit to skiing 7 times. That is usually not a problem for me, but I just prefer to buy the Costco passes and pay as I go, plus it qualifies for 2% back on purchase.

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
So is the deal only for a fixed rate on, presumably, the base room, or is it a discount that can be applied to all rooms and suites? I tend to like to book large suites at this property.

I like the new restaurant better than the old Glacier Saloon. We had a few meals there on our last stay. No doubt there are limited options in LL, it's not a large place and they have a captive audience. Apart from a dinner one night driving down to Banff Springs, and lunches on the ski hill, we pretty much had all of our meals at the CLL restaurants.
The discount is across all room rates. PM if you want the code just to see the discount between normal rates and Costco rates. Sometimes the hotel asks to see the ski passes and sometimes they don't.

Originally Posted by codesinvan
If you are able to get 7 stays in before end of September you can get 3 sets of certificates. Wait for 7 stays - call and request your upgrade to "Premier" which includes a 3rd night free cert and some $ certs. Wait for them to post - then call back and ask for Platinum from Amex 5 stay. Those certs will post for this year and you will qualify for the next set next year.
Unfortunately we only stay at this Fairmont on pleasure with the heavenly discounted ski rates. The rates in the summer are crazy...