FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:36 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Right after seeing this thread I got an e-mail from R-C about several hotels, in California, this being one of them.

One feature they mentioned was going to see the Pageant of the Masters in the summer, and getting their prime tickets...we did this once (we've stayed at this hotel twice), and it was incredible!

If you've never heard of the Pageant of the Masters, it is put on every summer by the townsfolk of Laguna Beach. They pose as famous paintings. It is so hard to describe...and sounds really dorky...but even my husband, who is SO not into Fine Art Museums, after 5 minutes, said "this is the most magnificent thing I've ever been to"...oh, and that was not with the Ritz Carlton tickets. That was the FIRST time we went, when we sat pretty far back.

Fast forward several years to going again, staying at the R-C, and getting their tickets, thinking "oh we'll be so close the magic will be lost" - the tickets were in the 5th row, and the illusion was even MORE magnificent.

I don't have the vocabulary to describe it adequately, but look it up, and stay at this wonderful hotel, and be prepared to be blown away by the performance.