FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Canadian Business Platinum Card with Fairmont Platinum status
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:54 pm
canesfan

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Technically, you're supposed to charge the 5 nights to the Amex. Practically, that hasn't always been enforced. However, I would make sure that you at least had the Amex account active at the time of the stay.

But is that really a problem? If staying another 5 nights is a challenge for you, there is not much point in having status in the first place.
The issue is my wife and I really only stay at Lake Louise to go skiing. We use the Costco rate of $195 on the weekend, as we live in Calgary, and those stays count toward status. So after this month, our next stays at Fairmont won't come until at least November, then December. It would be great to get Platinum to get the free night, $100 credit, and suite upgrades. Will have Premier status with the early qualification, but was trying to sneak in Platinum status before the early qualification.