FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Weather Waiver -- March 10, 2017
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:36 am
transportprof

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
EWR now has a winter weather advisory from 10pm tonight to 2pm tomorrow, 3-5 inches are being predicted now.
Question, Im on UA55 tomorrow, the 77W from SFO-EWR at 1:30pm. The inbound is supposed to depart EWR at 7:45am tomorrow morning, but in the chance that the inbound from EWR gets cancelled, what are the chances of them bringing the extra 77W they have to operate the flight I'm on? assuming its at SFO of course. Trying to decide if its worth it jump to Saturdays flight before it fills up and all the good polaris seats get taken!
What an idea! If I was scheduling a brand new 77W that's just what I'd do - fly it into a winter blizzard to experience IRROPS at EWR.

More likely they'd sub a 739 than pull that rabbit out of a hat!

Update from SFO: The gods have a sense of humor and they read FT!

My connecting flight from SEA-SFO was late enough that it blew my 757 departure to EWR. I got rebooked on the 77W this afternoon, which is heading into the post-blizzard IRROPS at EWR! What are the odds?

Note to self, think of the implications of tempting fate by making fanciful comments on FT in future. Does the community think I can restrain myself?

Last edited by transportprof; Mar 10, 2017 at 12:46 pm