FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge new policy 2 guests ONLY (ends exception for immediate family).
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:41 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I was just told by the checkin agent at DFW Centurion Lounge that as of Mar 30 only two guests (including immediate family), meaning only two of my three kids can enter with me. Please tell me agent was incorrect. Is this another benefits change? Terms say:

"What is the guest policy?
Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with either up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge. Guest or family access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family and guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member."
Actually, I'd be quite on-board with this change and no offense, but I genuinely hope the agent's information is correct.

If people need to consume more lounge utilization than a single card holder, there is a simple solution for that; additional Platinum cards. I'm completely comfortable with those who use more, paying more. I do believe Amex should allow some level of guest privileges and two guests seems quite reasonable (Delta for example allows no free guests now), but the "...and immediate family" thing has always seemed overly generous and ripe for abuse to me for a single, primary annual fee.

The guest policy you are quoting is irrelevant if the change has not been formally announced and in force. They likely won't update the written policy unless or until the new policy is in effect.

Regards