FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - booking.com
Thread: booking.com
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:09 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ProleOnParole
Also, their customer service is fantastically bad, although chances are you'll never need it; if you do though, it'll be a pythonesque experience.
I disagree with you on the customer service aspect. They have always come through for me.

For example, a couple of years ago, I booked a room at the Appart'City hotel in Valence, France, at the last minute via Booking.com.

It was late at night when we arrived there and it turned out that they did not have a 24 hours front desk. The instructions for the self check in process and accessing the subterranean garage were all in French (mine is limited to reading menus and road signs). No one answered when we called the phone numbers posted on the locked entry door.

One call to Booking.com US customer service 800 number took care of it. The representative first made sure to find us alternate accommodations for the night. He then proceeded to make arrangements to refund the cost of our prepaid reservation well after the cancellation deadline.

Once I got off the phone, I found a flurry of text messages in French - probably from the hotel - which arrived during the call. To this day I am still clueless about how I was supposed to have checked in and accessed the garage.