FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MCI BBQ DO XII - may 19-21, 2017
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:10 am
MCI777

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
MCI BBQ DO XII - May 19-21, 2017

MCI BBQ DO XII -- May 19-21. 2017

It's that time of year again!! The 12th Annual MCI BBQ DO! This year I am going to leave this do pretty much the same, HOWEVER, I would like to add Q39 at some point. This place has moved into the top 3 BBQ joints in KC,

Based off our traditional schedule:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, May 19th -
HAPPY HOUR - Char Bar, 4050 Pennsylvania, KCMO 630-730 (If people are interested)

Dinner @ 7:45pm. PM me for Reservation name.

Q39 - 1000 W 39th STreet, Kansas City, MO
https://q39kc.com/

- Starting off this year with something new!! Q39 is the new KC hot spot for BBQ! You can't go wrong with anything on the menu, so just bring an empty stomach!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, May 20th - 11am until we fall into a food coma. As usual, we'll be winging it after KC Joe's.

Joe's Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joe's) (inside the Diamond Shamrock gas station)--Mission Road---This one is on the Kansas side.
www.joeskc.com
- Get here early (suggest 10:45am - before it opens) because this place fills up fast! A favorite is the Z-Man and the onion rings.

Stroud's
http://www.stroudsrestaurant.com/north.html
- If you want a palate cleanser from BBQ, there's fried chicken (is anything healthy for you in KC?) at Stroud's! I may go there just for the cinnamon rolls!

Danny Edward's
www.dannyedwardsblvdbbq.com
- We walked away pretty impressed with the brisket two years ago.

LC's
- Easily located by the billowing clouds of smoke. The burnt ends are especially good here.

Arthur Bryant's
www.arthurbryantsbbq.com
- Another favorite. Try the sausage, brisket, and/or pulled pork.

Gates BBQ (the Original) on Brooklyn Avenue
www.gatesbbq.com
- "Hi, May I Help You?" - prepare to be yelled at when you walk in. Some people are fans of Gates, but my friends and I walked away several times, unimpressed.

- Foo's Frozen Custard
http://www.foosfabulousfrozencustard...best_2010.html
- It doesn't matter if you're stuffed by now or not. Frozen custard just fills in the cracks!

In between BBQ joints, many of us will be buying Christopher Elbow chocolates, going to Harrah's to try our luck at craps, or visiting one of many museums located in throughout the city.

------------------------------------------------
Sunday, May 21st

- You're on your own this day, and most people head for the airport in the morning. If you're going to stay longer to sample more BBQ, keep in mind that Oklahoma Joe's is closed on Sundays.

CONFIRMED

yunicorner
susiesan +1
FortFun
Beckles - Friday
pinniped
HPN-HRL
Mrs. Mackie +1
MCI777

INTERESTED

FriendlySkies
akp