FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:28 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Just last weekend, had a very strange experience since I was on a code share AZ flight but operated by KLM. At the origin airport, they could not issue the KLM operated leg boarding pass - was told that the systems don't talk to each other and told to get the boarding pass @ FCO upon arrival.
Upon arrival @ FCO, at the AZ transit desk, when I tried to get this, I was sent to go to the KLM transit desk - but I went directly to the gate since the flight was already boarding.

For me - this already shows how bad it is already before all this started - as both ST and (post close working partners), they can't issue boarding passes. I am not sure if this is due to the recent changes in the reservation/booking system of AZ.
Furthermore, at the outstation, with my FB number, there was no recognition of the status (not sure if this is due as indicated in the AZ forum - the changes in the AZ booking/passenger control system).

Cheers!
I wouldn't read too much into either element. Systems have always been different and as poorly connected as can be.

In terms of status recognition can you specify what you mean? Effectively, in most outstations, your ST E+ privileges would be limited to priority check in and priority boarding as few offer priority security for status members (often C only) and lounge access does not automatically apply to status holders if it is a third party lounge.