Old Mar 6, 17, 5:26 am
Need

Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
I was in Mexico last week and using my AT&T phone, which is on one of the 15GB plans that was supposed to include free roaming in Mexico. I stopped into a retail location right before the trip to ask if the feature needed to be activated, the employees pulled up my account and determined that the feature was automatically active on eligible accounts now (like mine) and no need to activate it manually.

Shortly after stepping off the plane in Mexico, I began accruing data usage charges at a rate of $2,099.20/gigabyte. A chat to AT&T has (supposedly) removed these charges and gotten the feature activated on my account, but...
1) be wary of traveling outside the US with AT&T, even if it's supposed to be included in your plan, and
2) $2,100/gigabyte? Seriously? How is that a thing in 2017? Yes there are packages, but failure to choose a package results in downright abusive rates...
Their website said $2.05 per MB so it should have been $2050 per GB LOL. I guess they rounded up. But that's what I am afraid even with the new $10 per day international day pass. What if I accidentally traveled to a country that's NOT covered in the 100 of so countries covered under the day pass.. like Japan? Will I get charged at the $2.05 per MB rate without knowing it until it's too late?

BTW, last time I went to Mexico I had to activate the Roam Mexico feature. It was not autonomic on 15GB (30GB promo x2 data) shared plan. You have to do it for each line too not just for the shared plan. It's the same with the $10 international day pass. You have do it to add the feature to each line. If not, you will be charge the $2.05 per MB rate even if you are in one of the 100 or so countries. It is so stupid because who would rather pay $2.05 per MB instead of $10 per day? It should have been automatic.