FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Throw-Away Ticketing, Hidden City Ticketing, and Skipping Legs: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:27 am
miraclebear2003

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Superib
Taking a trip to Asia for which the return flight has a connection. The first stop is my home city and I plan to not board the final leg of this trip. I know it's against the rules, but I've never done it before. What is the reality that Delta will call me out on it after missing the flight. My big concern would be losing the MQMs for the flights I actually took. Has anyone reading this actually been "punished" for doing this?
Welcome to FT. The above post is pretty much the situation, but it would help if you gave more details. We can guess you are flying back to the US, but that's not clear and would certain have an effect. If you are going through customs on your return to "home city", then you should be able to just leave the airport without rechecking bags to "final city". Assuming your ticket is cheaper returning to another city, DL could charge you for the direct return, but if you search prior threads you will see that it doesn't happen for a one time occurrence. No guarantees though.