FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:04 pm
kthpence

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As explained in the wiki, PR-1 is not quite the right term.

The general issue has not being shown on the Gate List -- typically when shown you are properly placed. It is very possible others are doing the same plus there are other potential cases for others to be higher.

Are you suggestion change your present booking to the LH routing and then waitlist the SFO-CDG with less than 24 hours to travel. Is the LH in business class? Guess that is possible but think you would lose your present waitlist and need to re-apply the waitlist. I would caution against getting too fancy at the risk of something going wrong. If the LH is in business, that seems like a good option. How many seats are for sell on the UA direct flight?
Yes that's exactly what I was hoping to do...the LH is business, and there are 2 seats left on the direct flight. They both leave within an hour of each other, so it wouldn't make a huge difference for my plans. The only thing holding me back from this though is whether or not it's worth 40k more miles when it looks like I'll probably be alone in E+ on the direct flight. Obviously not the discussion for here, but lingering in the back of my mind