FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:41 pm
br2k

By way of report:
- Terminal C precheck was almost empty today - took less than 10 minutes to go through. I really like their new segmented Xray machine belt access, btw.
- Got to shuttle bus around 12 noon.. At the top of the stairs attendant asked where I am going, but slight sleigh of hand convinced her that it's ok to let me go to B3. As there is no communication between attendant at the top and driver below, you might probably get through with a bp for terminal A and change destination below. Shuttle seems to take you whetever you need to go anytime (and not after 2pm as some reported previously)
- Both LH and Sas lounges open at 1pm (again, contrary to loungefinder that shows LH open at 2pm, but Sas open all day).
- No issues accessing either with just the boarding pass - if it scans and the box beeps and flashes green, all good. Sas lounge has explicit *A sign, and a list of every possible alliance airline, so seems to welcome all eligible passengers.
- LH has slightly better food, though both would be ok and vastly better than UC
- UC in terminal C is a disgraceful zoo

Overall, Newark isn't half bad on a Saturday and seems to have improved somewhat since I flew out of there last about a year ago
YMMV