FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation penalty for early departure at St. Ermin's
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:26 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme

I should add that the reason I found it necessary to leave the hotel was because I had finally realized that the badly sagging mattress in my room was causing my restless sleep (I asked my wife to switch sides with me last night and she too woke up with a backache this morning). When I inquired about moving to a room with a newer mattress in the morning, I was informed that all the mattresses had been replaced a year earlier and that I should expect the same type of support from the mattresses in the other rooms.

Interestingly enough, the London Marriott Hotel County Hotel where I checked in after leaving the Erwins does not charge in cases of early departures. So this is a regional thing as I first thought.
Ok, I'll be the bad guy here.

Just because you didn't like the mattress doesn't mean others wouldn't like the mattress. And you don't know that every single mattress would have had the same sagging problem in the exact same spot you were in, so you could have potentially tried another room/mattress before checking out.

So on that one, if there is a change in departure date policy, I get the hotel saying, well we don't let folk change their dates due to they didn't like the mattress firmness/softness (or just using that as an excuse, which I am not saying you did).

Having said that, if they did use the you had to give us 24 hours notice, then you should only be charged for 1 night, not two.

I'm assuming it's a typo re: CH & StE being in different regions & different early departure penalties, given they're only about a mile or so apart

Cheers.