FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:52 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by X-ON
Hmmm, for me being a LTG with SPG having 800+ SPG lifetime nights and only 20+ MR lifetime nights this sounds to good to be true. In any case for me personally this would be very beneficial even if they come up with a new top-tier lifetime only level that would require 1K+ nights .... and water down the lower tiers obviously .... wonder how many 1K+ night people there are out there quite a few I guess ...

Anyway a night based system makes a lot of sense to me especially for us that are not based in the core market US. We cant leverage off the various CC in the same way as US based customers. I guess earlier with Mariotts (and for that matter SPGs) relatively small footprint outside US it could make sense to include points to incentivize people to use the CC and therefore increase that revenue stream. However nowadays even though the heavy footprint is still in the US, there is an increase in the ex US footprint and more importantly there is where a lot of the growth potential lies... maybe go down the route that some airlines have done and having different tier qualification levels based on residency ... which of course could be gamed...
I would bet that there are quite a few road warriors that have 1000+ nights... myself being one of them (~1200) ... I personally know a couple that are nearing 2500, and have seen a couple posts of people 3000+ ... I wouldn't want to see that tier for lifers set at anything less than 2000 nights... IMHO this would provide an exceptional level of service to the top 1% of MR/SPG customers. Maybe this tier would be Plat Premier .... and would be nice to see a few additional perks at this tier compared to the current PP program. This is all wishful thinking and pure speculation, of course.... and the opinion of one measly road warrior.