FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - S7 is continuing to slip
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:20 pm
asnovici

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
S7 is continuing to slip

There are a few cheerleaders for S7 on this board and I used to be one of them. Recently I have been having rather unpleasant experiences with the airline and have shifted my flights to Aeroflot whenever possible.

Check in
Used to be quick and efficient at Business desks in Domodedovo. Now there are lines there, no one policing who gets into premium lines, when we checked in last time we had to wait for half an hour for a guy with passport stickers to come up while economy lines were moving swiftly. Check in lady was very apologetic but there was nothing she could do after several time trying to call that guy who works for S7 also

Lounge
That nightmare used to be Transaero lounge and it did not become much better. We all knew about any alcoholic drinks being charged for except for beer on tap, but capuccino for 330 rubles? The food is as appaling is ever but the worst is no place to seat and the temperature in the lounge. They kept accepting PriorityPass people when their own business customers and Emerald flyers couldn't find a seat. When asked about lowering the temperature the lady at the entrance said the AC is working on full throttle and its so hot because of so many people.

Inflight
No more menus. Prosecco has been downgraded to demi sweet Russian sparkling that no one in their right mind would drink. Service level depends on FAs attitude which varies greatly.

Feedback
When complaining about the lounge conditions to their Facebook team, the response came that the lounge is under construction,
and that's why there is limited space although I didn't witness construction when I was there last time. PriorityPass issue was never addressed. They prefer to make a quick buck on letting PriorityPass passengers in instead of trying to make their own premium passengers comfortable.

The airline is becoming a low cost carrier with little interest of providing service to customers that pay for it. Quite unfortunate for a carrier that used to be decent.