FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:24 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Boiks
So as an update to my earlier post - after refusing my initial claim on the grounds I did not fly on BA337 on 11 Feb, I replied to that I was indeed not on the flight on 11 Feb as it was cancelled and that as I was over 3 hours late at my destination due to their delay that I was due compensation. I had a reply saying they agreed compensation was due and today received the funds. Great result and thanks for the advice on here - a great forum!
Thanks for reverting back with this outcome, it was helpful to hear this due to the complications on the rebooking, which aren't uncommon but will help others. Original post here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27943898-post203.html
Bit of a pity to get the initial decline, since that apart, to get payment into your account within 2 weeks or so reflects well on the airline. My bank occasionally struggles to do that.